January 16, 2018, 02:52:25 PM

Author Topic: On the road to 100k from San Diego  (Read 1409 times)

Roman Castro

• Student
    • View Profile
    • SpearoBlog - The Spearfishing Blog
    • Email
On the road to 100k from San Diego
« on: November 14, 2012, 03:16:18 PM »
Hi everyone,

I found FMWJ a week ago while searching for ways to monetize my Spearfishing Blog. I love the podcast. I started from Episode 1 and I'm currently on Ep. 81.

I quickly realized I'm trying to get into the high level stuff before covering my base. I was posting about 2-3 posts per month. Now, I'm applying Jack's advice on creating content for my blog EVERYDAY or at least 5 times a week. I started last Friday so I'm at 4 consecutive posts so far.

I have a full time job in the IT/Networking industry, and run a small portrait photography business on the side in addition to my spearfishing blog.

I'm on the road to 100k because I want to interact, teach, and learn from like minded, motivated people that are working to build their own business.

Big THANK YOU to Jack for providing this great content. I really appreciate FMWJ.
Roman Castro
I run SpearoBlog.com and RomanCastro.com

Heidi

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • WordPress 101 for Boomers
    • Email
Re: On the road to 100k from San Diego
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 08:28:07 PM »
Hi Roman, welcome to the group.  Lots of great info in 5 minutes with Jack.  Be sure and share the link to your blog.

Heidi

Roman Castro

• Student
    • View Profile
    • SpearoBlog - The Spearfishing Blog
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 01:06:47 PM »
Hi Roman, welcome to the group.  Lots of great info in 5 minutes with Jack.  Be sure and share the link to your blog.

Heidi

Hi Heidi,
Thanks for the welcome. I know you already found the link to my site in the peer review forum but I also added them to my signature.
Roman Castro
I run SpearoBlog.com and RomanCastro.com

BillyS

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 09:44:39 PM »
Hey Roman,

It's all about the daily content. Nobody goes to Facebook for the Pulitzer material. It's addictive because it's different every 5 minutes.

Good luck with the blog. Looking forward to chatting in the future.

Scarydad