January 21, 2018, 02:34:10 AM

Author Topic: Affiliates vs Direct Ad Sales  (Read 1122 times)

gunpreparedness

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Gun Preparedness
    • Email
Affiliates vs Direct Ad Sales
« on: November 06, 2012, 01:44:04 PM »
What is your guys opinion on the two?

I have had several people buy ads as their businesses were starting up, then stop renewing the ad when they start affiliate programs. They then try to get me to join their programs. I see this as free advertising for them. What are your thoughts?

I do have an Amazon affiliate account which I use, but I'm thinking that another one would just be another hassle. So in your opinion is it best to join their program or say no and find a advertiser that is willing to pay?
GunPreparedness.com
CriminalProtectionZone.com
@gunpreparedness

Roman Castro

• Student
    • View Profile
    • SpearoBlog - The Spearfishing Blog
    • Email
Re: Affiliates vs Direct Ad Sales
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 12:58:50 AM »
It looks like finding advertisers that are willing to pay is not the problem. It looks like somehow your advertiser is not seeing the value of advertising with you directly. If this is happened with "several people" I would look at the common denominator; your site.

Find a way to show them the value. How many readers do you send their way? How many of them convert? How much is a conversion worth to the advertiser? Where is the link going to? I cant remember what episode of FMWJ but he talks about maybe helping your advertiser setup a landing page for traffic coming from your site.

Anyway, just my two cents. I hope it helps.

Roman
Roman Castro
I run SpearoBlog.com and RomanCastro.com