January 21, 2018, 08:15:42 PM

Author Topic: Giveaway Success  (Read 1204 times)

humblemechanic

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • HumbleMechanic.com
    • Email
Giveaway Success
« on: October 05, 2012, 05:42:00 AM »
Hey everyone!
I hope that all your sites are doing really well! I like to hear when y'all have success. I thought I would share this little story.

I did a little giveaway on my site. It is actually still going on right now. I will be picking a winner tonight. ;)

I did a modified version of the video Jack did a while back. I got a magnetic tray from one of the big tool companies. I have had it for a few months, but I was waiting for a good time to give it away.

I posted a picture of it on my weekly post were I show the crazy pictures from work. I gave people a few ways to enter to win
1) Sign up for the email alerts
2) Share the post on Facebook
3) Tweet the post out
4) Pin any of the pictures on pintrest.

I also threw in the folks that were on the email list already. Since not everyone is on FB and Twitter, and I didn't want to leave out the folks that have been with me since the beginning.

I also made a few posts about it on various forums. Since not everyone reads signatures, and I don't want to ram my blog down people's throats. You get a much more positive response when you give things away.

In 2 days I have gotten 13 new likes on FB, and 17 new email subscribers. I also had the most 1 day traffic ever. So something that will cost me shipping has netted me some new readers and some very positive feed back.

Cheers
Charles
Blogging about car repair and life in a VW dealership

Josh

• Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Digital Band Incubator
Re: Giveaway Success
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 07:34:50 AM »
Awesome!

Did you track all the entries manually or did you use scripts/service to do it for you?

humblemechanic

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • HumbleMechanic.com
    • Email
Re: Giveaway Success
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 09:14:07 AM »
@Josh,
Thank you very much I am really excited.

I have just been keeping track. I am looking at ~ 150 or so entries. I can track most of it and asked folks just to post how they shared it. So it should be really easy with that low of numbers.

In the future I will have to use something to keep track. This was a great learning experience.

I will say that Instagram was one of the best places. I posted a pic of the item, and got a bunch of likes and "I want" type comments.

If you are not on Instagram DO IT!!!!!
Blogging about car repair and life in a VW dealership