January 21, 2018, 08:54:28 AM

Author Topic: My free eBook lead to a massive increase in subscribers  (Read 1534 times)

Chris Stelzer

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Agricultrual Insights
    • Email
My free eBook lead to a massive increase in subscribers
« on: September 25, 2012, 09:35:07 AM »
Hey guys and gals,

I've recently published my first eBook. I'm giving it away free to anyone who signs up for my email list. By marketing it through social media, mainly twitter I've increased my subscribers from 17 to 63 in ONE WEEK. This eBook took me about a week to write and I spent 8 hours a day writing it, but it was worth it!!

This might not sound like a lot to some of you, but this is a huge deal to me. For those of you just starting out, you can try and write a free eBook and give it away.

I'm now getting 75-80 visitors a day compared to 30-40 I was getting before writing the book. Each day I get about 4-5 new subscribers since I've released the book.

I wanted to share this success with you, and I'm starting to see the light!!!! A few more months and I'm hoping to have 300 subscribers.

What are you success stories with getting more traffic?
Agricultrual Insights a blog dedicated to sustainable agriculture and grazing.

Chris Stelzer

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Agricultrual Insights
    • Email
Re: My free eBook lead to a massive increase in subscribers
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 10:56:00 AM »
Now I'm up to 80+ subscribers. It just keeps going!

r00tbeer

• Mentor
  • root with zeroes
    • View Profile
    • Cashdollar Automation
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 07:24:27 PM »
Congrats!

How did you manage the time to write it?  That takes some dedication.  I wish I could call in sick to work or something for a week so I could do something like this.

Chris Stelzer

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Agricultrual Insights
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 10:19:46 AM »
Congrats!

How did you manage the time to write it?  That takes some dedication.  I wish I could call in sick to work or something for a week so I could do something like this.

I'm lucky. I'm currently substitute teaching, so I can take off any day I want. I took off an entire week to get it all done! I'll be leaving for South Africa for a ranching internship, so I'm in a transition period. If I had a 9-5 job, I'd try and get one section done a day.

I now have 100 subscribers and the numbers keep going up!