January 21, 2018, 02:27:22 AM

Author Topic: Feedburner is a dead project?  (Read 1375 times)

Fjorgynn

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Swedish Prepper
    • Email
Feedburner is a dead project?
« on: September 21, 2012, 11:21:33 AM »
Important: The Google Feedburner APIs have been officially deprecated as of May 26, 2011 will be shut down on October 20, 2012.

So, it seems like Feedburner is a dead project. I know that they have a lot of users, I wonder what will happen to us, and of course all our subscribers and the iTunes podcast directory.

http://podcastanswerman.com/feedburnerfuture/
http://www.feedblitz.com/feedburner-shut-down-the-facts-and-tales-from-the-front-line
Do you know Swedish? Read my blog, Swedish Prepper
Forum threads I recommend: Remove noise in Audacity, Basic SEO for bloggers

Heidi

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • WordPress 101 for Boomers
    • Email
Re: Feedburner is a dead project?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 07:30:53 AM »
It would be nice if they came out and told us their plans for feedburner.   Google has been rearranging, changing their various API's.  With the many who are using feedburner, I don't picture them sending that many people elsewhere.

I know a lot of podcasters use feedburner for their podcasts, but it isn't the only way.

I switched to mailchimp or aweber for subscriptions to sites, and I never got in the habit of using their stats.

Keep in mind it says their API for feedburner will be discontinued not feedburner.  I never used an api when I used feedburner so it may have little effect.  Some of the coders who create plugins to work with feedburner may use an api and it may effect some plugins.  I have no idea.    I do believe feedblitz is using it as a way to scare people into using their service.

JakeR

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • JakeFactor.com
Re: Feedburner is a dead project?
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 09:07:03 PM »
Gotta love google. They buy a company, do nothing with it, and then kill it. :/
Resources I use.
Bluehost Web Hosting. Reliable uptime, great interface and amazing customer service.
Standard Theme The wordpress them I use for most of my sites