January 21, 2018, 07:53:30 PM

Author Topic: My New eBook!!  (Read 2147 times)

Chris Stelzer

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Agricultrual Insights
    • Email
My New eBook!!
« on: September 19, 2012, 12:48:37 PM »
Hey guys and gals I just finished my new eBook titled: Mob Grazing: 21st Century Grazing Management. I'm giving it away for free under the condition that people sign up for my email list. So far I have gotten 15 new subscribers in 4 hours and none of them have unsubscribed. Not a big number, but before that I had 24 subscribers.

It took a hell of a lot of work and thanks to the help of the people in this forum and Jack's podcast I did it. So, I'd like to thank you all for your support, and for those of you thinking about writing an eBook, GO FOR IT!

You can review the eBook if you like (without signing up for my email list) by going here, it's a big file, 46MB: http://agriculturalinsights.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Mob-Grazing-21st-Century-Grazing-Management.pdf

I hope I'm hosting this download properly, anyone have any insight into that?
Agricultrual Insights a blog dedicated to sustainable agriculture and grazing.

humblemechanic

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • HumbleMechanic.com
    • Email
Re: My New eBook!!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 07:15:01 PM »
AWESOME! I just downloaded it. I have to update my adobe so I can read it. Figures... HAHA Good job on getting it done!
Blogging about car repair and life in a VW dealership

Fjorgynn

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Swedish Prepper
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 08:10:36 AM »
It's 47 mb, that's really big and the download speed isn't that high. I suggest that you compress the pictures a bit to shrink the ebook's size.
Do you know Swedish? Read my blog, Swedish Prepper
Forum threads I recommend: Remove noise in Audacity, Basic SEO for bloggers

Chris Stelzer

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Agricultrual Insights
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 09:43:15 AM »
Thanks humble mechanic! I'm excited that it's done.

It's 47 mb, that's really big and the download speed isn't that high. I suggest that you compress the pictures a bit to shrink the ebook's size.

That is probably a good idea... Thanks for your input. I really wanted the pictures to be high quality, so would compressing them compromise their quality?

Also, does the fact that the file is big make you not want to read it?

Fjorgynn

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Swedish Prepper
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 02:10:48 PM »
What you have done is that you have included files that is 4000x3000 pixels, which is to big. I resized the width to 500 px and kept the aspect ratio. That shrinked the file size from 13,7 MB to 307 kB, and 40,4 kB with some jpeg compression.

So I suggest that you resize the image size for all images and save them as a jpeg with about 75% quality. This image was the polywire on page 10.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 02:13:04 PM by Fjorgynn »
Do you know Swedish? Read my blog, Swedish Prepper
Forum threads I recommend: Remove noise in Audacity, Basic SEO for bloggers

r00tbeer

• Mentor
  • root with zeroes
    • View Profile
    • Cashdollar Automation
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 07:22:24 PM »
I just downloaded your book and it looks great.  Ignore my comment on your other post about this - I am reading the new posts backwards since I haven't visited here for weeks :)

The download worked fine for me.  I saved it for future reading since I can see it has a lot of good info.  I live in the city now but hope to one day live at my BOL in the country.  This is great work, maybe you can post ads for the free book elsewhere, like in a magazine like Backwoods Home.  That could get you some new readers.

Chris Stelzer

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Agricultrual Insights
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 08:22:13 PM »
What you have done is that you have included files that is 4000x3000 pixels, which is to big. I resized the width to 500 px and kept the aspect ratio. That shrinked the file size from 13,7 MB to 307 kB, and 40,4 kB with some jpeg compression.

So I suggest that you resize the image size for all images and save them as a jpeg with about 75% quality. This image was the polywire on page 10.

Thanks for the info, I'm now offering a low quality and high quality version in my follow-up e-mail. In the future I will do your method of reducing the size of each jpeg.

Chris Stelzer

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Agricultrual Insights
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 08:23:12 PM »
I just downloaded your book and it looks great.  Ignore my comment on your other post about this - I am reading the new posts backwards since I haven't visited here for weeks :)

The download worked fine for me.  I saved it for future reading since I can see it has a lot of good info.  I live in the city now but hope to one day live at my BOL in the country.  This is great work, maybe you can post ads for the free book elsewhere, like in a magazine like Backwoods Home.  That could get you some new readers.

Thanks! I love the idea of advertising in a publication. I'll have to look into their advertising rates. I hope you enjoy the book =]