January 21, 2018, 08:00:37 PM

Author Topic: Please review my new James Bond site?  (Read 1162 times)

Head of Section

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
Please review my new James Bond site?
« on: September 17, 2012, 12:03:46 PM »
Hey all,

I would greatly appreciate anyone checking out and review my revamped website, www.beingjamesbond.com.

To be honest, I'm disappointed by my numbers. I know I need to crawl before I can fly, but I'm only making a few pennies per day from Adsense. Any suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.beingjamesbond.com/

Fjorgynn

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Swedish Prepper
    • Email
Re: Please review my new James Bond site?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 02:34:25 PM »
Replace the read #ff0000 with a color that doesn't give the visitors a headache. It's also hard to read the text in the footer. And use real permalinks with text, not id-numbers!
Do you know Swedish? Read my blog, Swedish Prepper
Forum threads I recommend: Remove noise in Audacity, Basic SEO for bloggers

Head of Section

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 12:22:31 PM »
Thanks Fjorgynn,

I fixed te permalinks immediately. I'll talk to my developer about tweeking the red a bit. I've heard the same complaint from other people.

PaulAyling

• Student
    • View Profile
    • More about me
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 01:21:06 AM »
I like the site and enjoyed the podcast (the one in Las Vegas was pretty cool)

I have no idea what traffic your getting but I think if you are getting some then I would explore getting soime relationships with companies and specific ads based on some articles. I imagine theres some pretty expensive products that people might be interested in if they are on the site.

I would say the most effective way of getting revenue would be to offer products relating to each post. E.g http://www.beingjamesbond.com/the-vodka-martini-2/ - see if you can hunt out a referral deal with a company selling silver james bond martini shakers (or something). You could almost have a product related to every post. With some thought it could be quite tasteful

well just some ideas

all the best

Paul