January 21, 2018, 08:16:33 PM

Author Topic: Is Facebook Worth It?  (Read 1239 times)

gunpreparedness

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Gun Preparedness
    • Email
Is Facebook Worth It?
« on: September 07, 2012, 06:48:08 AM »
As many of you know I have had a hard time getting likes on my Facebook for GunPreparedness.
I now have CriminalProtectionZone.com and am wondering if it is worth the effort to create a Facebook for it. It has taken way more effort to get a Facebook going than it ever took for Twitter. I am begining to wonder if the return on investment is going to be worth it for a new site.

What are your thoughts?
GunPreparedness.com
CriminalProtectionZone.com
@gunpreparedness

TechPreps

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Tech Preps Podcast
    • Email
Re: Is Facebook Worth It?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 07:23:28 PM »
It is sloooooow ... but I think in the long run it will be worth it. After three months I only have 12 "likes" from people on my Facebook page and 11 more likes from other "pages".

FYI ... I'm one of your GunPreparedness "likes" .. :D

BillyS

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Is Facebook Worth It?
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 07:38:17 AM »
It is a slow burn but I think it's worth it. Twitter is cool but it's also very ADD in nature- I doubt every one of your followers read everything you post and they certainly don't click through to your blog. Some do, but not all.

Facebook is more personal and people there are a bit more discerning. But that also means that when they do let you in, they are actually true fans, or at least like what you do.

It doesn't have to take a lot of effort. I have a plugin that automatically publishes blog posts to FB and I set aside about 5 minutes every day or every other day to post some pictures relevant to my niche. I don't have many likes, but it is another consumer touchpoint for the site.