January 18, 2018, 03:30:56 PM

Author Topic: User Generated Content  (Read 1613 times)

gunpreparedness

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Gun Preparedness
    • Email
User Generated Content
« on: August 28, 2012, 05:30:17 PM »
I got the idea for a site that runs of user generated content.

I started the site and have it pretty much set up. Now I'm at a point where I need the users to start producing content.

My problem is how do I get users to submit the content to the site?
GunPreparedness.com
CriminalProtectionZone.com
@gunpreparedness

BillyS

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: User Generated Content
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 08:22:31 PM »
What kind of site and what kind of users?

I'll help out of I can...

UFAB

• Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Urban Farm and Beehives
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 09:19:18 PM »
Did you read that article on Jobstr? At first, they got their friends with various jobs be the hosts. But yes, what will this site be about?

gunpreparedness

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Gun Preparedness
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 09:42:12 PM »
It's criminalprotectionzone.com I hope it will develop into a list of places off limits for concealed carry.

I set it for front end use. Instead of categories you select the state of the location. And instead of tags you enter the city. Then users can search just like any other site or browse by city or state. Users can also upload a pic of the building or the sign.
GunPreparedness.com
@gunpreparedness

BillyS

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 06:12:03 AM »
Very cool idea. I'm sure plenty of people would be willing to submit if they knew this existed. Give it time and it could become a valuable go-to resource for travelers. If it was me I would start a thread on TSP forum and just ask them to kick-start it for you. There's already a lot of discussion about this sort of thing and I'd be willing to bet they'd be happy to help. I would also look up as many gun/ammo/tactical dealers as I could and email them the link with a request to forward out to their people.

Is this live already? If so, i'll forward it out to my friends.

gunpreparedness

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Gun Preparedness
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 11:18:42 AM »
Yes the site is up. I'm going through and adding each states laws to the state list and I'm going to start searching for places that I can add manually (as time allows).

I would appriciate you spreading the word. I'll check tsp and start a thread there ad long as its fine with them.
GunPreparedness.com
@gunpreparedness

gunpreparedness

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Gun Preparedness
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 11:53:26 AM »
I searched tsp and couldn't find any related discussions. Where did you see the talks about gun free areas?
GunPreparedness.com
@gunpreparedness

BillyS

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 08:24:46 PM »
I don't know if there are specific threads dedicated to gun free zones. A few months ago some hippies were protesting Starbucks for not banning guns in their stores and as a counter protest a lot of us went to the Bucks and paid for a cup of coffee with a 2-dollar bill as a symbol of support for the Second amendment. I've also read posts over there about the issue of gun-free zones.

You might do a search for Starbucks and tht might find you what you're looking for.

If it was me though, I would just start a new thread explaining your site and asking for help. There are lots of really good, dedicated people over there that would be happy to help you out.