January 21, 2018, 08:13:23 PM

Author Topic: giveaways  (Read 1917 times)

apocalypticfiction

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Apocalyptic Fiction
    • Email
giveaways
« on: August 25, 2012, 08:17:33 PM »
I've been working on doing a giveaway and would like to know what you guys thought of it. It is located here: http://apocalypticfiction.com/299-days/ I like that rafflecopter...it is free to use and was simple to set up. Any thoughts?

Matt

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Survival Checklist
Re: giveaways
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 01:21:55 PM »
I like the idea, but as someone who've never come across RaffleCopter before I'd be reluctant to sign-up as I don't know how you earn entries.

In order to increase your entry rate I'd list what things you earn points for, something like:

"You can enter this competition multiple times by doing something in the list below. Each action equals one entry:

- Like me on Facebook
- share this on Twitter
- etc..."

My Survival Checklist - Skills, Knowledge and Motivation

apocalypticfiction

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Apocalyptic Fiction
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 01:40:14 PM »
I like the idea, but as someone who've never come across RaffleCopter before I'd be reluctant to sign-up as I don't know how you earn entries.

In order to increase your entry rate I'd list what things you earn points for, something like:

"You can enter this competition multiple times by doing something in the list below. Each action equals one entry:

- Like me on Facebook
- share this on Twitter
- etc..."

Thanks for looking at it Matt. That's a good idea to make the giveaway a little clearer. Maybe I should just keep it really simple and have only 1 choice to enter. I noticed a lot of independent authors are using Rafflecopter to get publicity for their books and thought I would give it a try.

Sicone

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 03:41:52 PM »
Neat Idea for sure. I decided for my giveaways I'm puling from my email Sub list. The audience gets free stuff and I get more subs. Seems win win.

msharman

• Student
    • View Profile
    • The Sum of Business
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 03:53:55 PM »
Awesome idea apocalypticfiction! This is certainly a good way to get audience engagement for your site. I would be interested to see your stats after running this promo for site hits, new subscribers, etc...
-Mark
http://TheSumOfBusiness.com/ and http://CrossroadsAccountingLLC.com/
Let me know if you have any accounting or business finance questions and I would be happy to help you out!

apocalypticfiction

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Apocalyptic Fiction
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 11:04:03 PM »
Neat Idea for sure. I decided for my giveaways I'm puling from my email Sub list. The audience gets free stuff and I get more subs. Seems win win.

That sounds like a good way to do it Survival Punk. Keeps things simple and there are less steps involved.

apocalypticfiction

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Apocalyptic Fiction
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 11:06:31 PM »
Awesome idea apocalypticfiction! This is certainly a good way to get audience engagement for your site. I would be interested to see your stats after running this promo for site hits, new subscribers, etc...
-Mark
Thanks for your reply Mark. After this giveaway is done I will try to put together some data that might be helpful.

UFAB

• Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Urban Farm and Beehives
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 09:36:15 PM »
I've entered book giveaways after seeing a tweet about it. Getting a free book about a subject I am interested in is enticing. Good luck!