January 21, 2018, 02:40:24 AM

Author Topic: YouTube channel terminated  (Read 1347 times)

Ian

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Forgotten Weapons
    • Email
YouTube channel terminated
« on: August 17, 2012, 06:25:51 AM »
Huh - I just had my YouTube channel terminated yesterday morning. I got a notice that my most recent video (a book review, FWIW) had been flagged as inappropriate, and I reveived an email notification saying:

"Your account has received one Community Guidelines warning strike, which will expire in six months. Additional violations may result in the temporary disabling of your ability to post content to YouTube and/or the
permanent termination of your account."

When I tried to log in, though, it instead told me that my account had been terminated. Anyone else have any experience with this? A Google search reveals some folks having this problem and having their account reopened in a day or two, and I hope that's the case for me. But it turns out to be really hard to find any sort of human contact at YouTube. Notifications are all sent by "noreply@youtube.com". I did request an explanation through their automated dispute page, and was basically told that I violated community guidelines and they couldn't be more specific. I'm trying to dispute that, but I have no idea if my email reached a person or not.

I have copies of all my (80-some) videos, so worst case I'll start a channel on Vimeo or somewhere else, but it'll be a huge pain to re-upload them all with my less-than-blazing-fast net connection.

Fjorgynn

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Swedish Prepper
    • Email
Re: YouTube channel terminated
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 10:38:04 AM »
Did you get any e-mail about it? Because they should give you that.
Do you know Swedish? Read my blog, Swedish Prepper
Forum threads I recommend: Remove noise in Audacity, Basic SEO for bloggers

Ian

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Forgotten Weapons
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 11:39:30 AM »
Well, no sooner do I post this morning, than I get another email from YouTube saying that they have reviewed my channel and found it to be fine. So my account has been reopened. Elapsed time, about 28 hours.

I appears that someone flagged one of my videos as inappropriate and YouTube's response is to whack the whole account immediately and let the account owner protest if they want to. Only then do they have an actual person look at the situation.

Josh

• Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Digital Band Incubator
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 02:07:13 PM »
http://www.dailydot.com/news/drake-review-dmca-takedown-bpi/

YouTube and Google will jump without looking.