January 21, 2018, 02:16:02 AM

Author Topic: Graphic Designer Wanted  (Read 1107 times)

Jim Ashmore

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
Graphic Designer Wanted
« on: August 12, 2012, 01:31:11 PM »
I have gotten my wordpress blog Winter Ant off the ground and want assistance in the following areas:
1) Customer header and footer with the ant/grasshopper theme.
2) Suggested theme to make blog more visually appealing.
3) Solving the problem of having a pop up OptInSkin email list subscription page. I want the subscription box to pop up and then go away if canceled by the visitor and not pop up again until their next visit. Right now, I cannot get it to pop up when the main site is loaded (www.winterant.com). It also pops up several times on the same visit when scrolling through posts. I shut off all the popups and, instead, settled for the form to appear at the end of each post.

Thanks,

Jim

benfitts

• Entrepreneur
  • Administrator
  • Mentor
  • Living the life of my dreams NOW, not later.
    • MSN Messenger - benjaminfitts@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BenjaminFitts
    • View Profile
    • Custom Greeting Cards
    • Email
Re: Graphic Designer Wanted
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 02:03:40 PM »
This isn't necessarily a designer issue.

There are a lot of great theme web sites out there. You only edit the theme maybe put in your graphic at the top or whatever.  If you want full customization and put ants everywhere in your inconography then yeah you might want to hire a designer for that.  If all you need is a logo or main graphic then you don't.

If you used aweber like Jack recommends for your email list host they provide the popup box for email optins that does what you want. You just cut and paste the code into your wordpress theme (usually a file like the header or footer that is used on every page.)
Benjamin Fitts
877-BEN-FITTS
Membership Site Experts
Send Out Cards