November 23, 2017, 09:54:21 PM

Author Topic: Site Stats  (Read 3481 times)

gunpreparedness

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Gun Preparedness
    • Email
Site Stats
« on: August 03, 2012, 08:13:53 PM »
I started my blog last September, I posted a few times last year, maybe 5 total.

As of January 18th I have posted 5 days a week (most weeks) and done a weekly recap each week. My site stats were slow to take off. 200+ unique visitors in January, 500+ in February, and 900+ in March Then April hit and something amazing happened I had over 3k. Over 4.5k in May. I have held steady around the 4.5k unique visitor mark since then.

It seams to me like I should be gaining more traffic than that. What do you guys think?
GunPreparedness.com
CriminalProtectionZone.com
@gunpreparedness

Fjorgynn

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Swedish Prepper
    • Email
Re: Site Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 01:21:39 AM »
I have the same problem. But are you using Twitter and how many followers do you have there. I couldn't see any "follow me on social media" widget in the sidebar.
Do you know Swedish? Read my blog, Swedish Prepper
Forum threads I recommend: Remove noise in Audacity, Basic SEO for bloggers

UFAB

• Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Urban Farm and Beehives
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 05:01:58 PM »
What other things do you do? Agree with Fjorgynn that it's hard to get the word out if you don't do social media. Those numbers aren't too bad though...

gunpreparedness

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Gun Preparedness
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 11:33:40 AM »
I'm very active on Twitter. I have just over 1500 followers and have reached my follow hold of 2k. I have Facebook with around 13 likes, YouTube with a few videos, and Pintrest. Twitter is a huge source of traffic. A day without tweeting and I see 150-200 less visits.
I do need to ad both Facebook and Twitter bottons to my site.
GunPreparedness.com
@gunpreparedness

UFAB

• Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Urban Farm and Beehives
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 06:48:26 PM »
Wow, you've gotten a lot of Twitter followers already! Yeah, I find Twitter very useful too. Looking good.

gunpreparedness

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Gun Preparedness
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 07:18:09 PM »
I have just followed people and then found interesting people taylored to my niche. Now I'm in Twitter jail so no more following. Find people with similar intrest and follow the people that follow them. Most will follow back and over time you can unfollow the dead beat followers.
GunPreparedness.com
@gunpreparedness

Heidi

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • WordPress 101 for Boomers
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 06:41:39 PM »
I believe you can follow more than the 2000 but you have to have about 2000+ followers first. 

But then you have to ask yourself, do you really want to follow over 2000? 

Quebecker

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Our Quiet Revolution
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 04:54:51 AM »
How do you get your first people onto Twitter?  Did you use your personal friends on Facebook and Twitter?  Or just created the account, and people found it?

average_guy

• Student
    • View Profile
    • WP Round Table
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 03:30:30 PM »
I'm not huge on Twitter, but it is a great tool.  Start off with friends that have it.  See if you can't get a few to re-tweet.  Then start searching for keywords and following people who match your niche.  It should start to roll from there.  You can also use twitter by searching for questions other's have in your niche (photography right?).  I'm more of an amateur / hobby photographer so I may sound completely ignorant here, but you can search for questions like "which mode on my new DSLR is best?"  If you reach out to that person and answer the question, you're building brand credibility and people will generally reciprocate by following and such.