January 21, 2018, 08:20:29 PM

Author Topic: Pastor B’s Top Three  (Read 1007 times)

blackmanwithagun

• Student
  • Rev. Kenn Blanchard
    • View Profile
    • Black Man With A Gun
    • Email
Pastor B’s Top Three
« on: December 12, 2011, 01:57:59 PM »
This is a bit long but I was on a roll working on a book so it was flowing.  Here are my top three recommendations for new podcasters/bloggers.

(1)   Be Yourself
(2)   Audio Matters
(3)   Be Consistent

You are going present yourself to the world in a certain way, figure out what your “voice” is going to be.  You probably won’t have to act.  You won’t need a special voice for podcasting though some are more soothing than others, just be worth the listen or read.  I’ll be fifty next year and I’m on a roll now.  I’ve failed at everything at least once but you can’t tell by my attitude now.  I’m like the guy who wanted to paint all his life, but never could afford an easel, paint, or the brush.    I used to sacrifice sleep to produce my shows but now doing it smarter.  I push the envelope on my shows at times to be honest but I speak and write from the heart, often saying things that some think a pastor shouldn’t say.  What it does for me is free me from stereotypes or believing my own hype.  I am just a regular guy.  I am an entertainer.  I am still working on the formula on what actually works and what doesn’t but I am enjoying life.  It also gives me the opportunity to minister every now and then when someone that confides in me.  I am hardwired that way and it comes easy.

Audio quality matters in podcasting but not how we think.  A baby crying in the background adds “flavor” to your show, even though you think you have to re-record.  Not!  Unless the sound is drowning you out, leave it in.  In the privacy of a small room under the washer and dryer, of my house I’ve been podcasting since 2007, between the sounds of an active family. 

I love entertaining and inspiring people that I would never have reached geographically if it were not for the internet.  I’ve had a website up since 2000 and blew a lot of money because I didn’t know what I was doing but I am making up for it now.  I been producing  the Urban Shooter podcast since 2007, (now the Black Man With A Gun Podcast) that talks about guns, history, politics, life, the news, and self defense that is flavored with my own experiences as a former professional protector, world traveler, and Christian pastor.  Some shows go viral some don’t.  Some people love some of the stuff I try so hate it.  Keep at it.  You learn a lot about yourself in the process.

Thanks for reading.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."

ghsebldr

• Student
    • View Profile
    • http://www.stevesgreenhouses.com
    • Email
Re: Pastor B’s Top Three
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 04:57:37 PM »
Thanks for the inspiration.
Making greenhouse ownership affordable to the home gardener as well as the small nursery. http://www.stevesgreenhouses.com