January 21, 2018, 02:19:58 AM

Author Topic: Benefits of 1 site with 4.8 million mailing lists  (Read 1411 times)

Josh

• Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Digital Band Incubator
Benefits of 1 site with 4.8 million mailing lists
« on: August 01, 2012, 03:04:00 PM »
I'm subscribed to many email "newsletters" (They're mainly site update notifications and a couple email courses).

2 or 3 of them seem to want me to sign up for an additional mailing list every other week. Is there a real business benefit to this?

They already have me. They already have my email address. Just send me your pitch or your info or whatever. I'm not going to do a pentuple opt in.

UFAB

• Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Urban Farm and Beehives
Re: Benefits of 1 site with 4.8 million mailing lists
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 04:16:18 PM »
That would annoy the heck out of me that I'd probably unsubscribe. I wonder what the stats are on that practice.

benfitts

• Entrepreneur
  • Administrator
  • Mentor
  • Living the life of my dreams NOW, not later.
    • MSN Messenger - benjaminfitts@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BenjaminFitts
    • View Profile
    • Custom Greeting Cards
    • Email
Re: Benefits of 1 site with 4.8 million mailing lists
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 02:57:44 PM »
Some email services have this as an option to get you more subscribers. Your ads will show on 'similar' lists to help you  get more subscribers.

Some companies make a bunch of different lists because they use advanced filters for some of their promotional emails. They don't blast out the same promotion to everyone but instead use the filters to blast out very specific promotional emails based on your profile.

If you're like me, you have a hard time keeping up with even a few lists... I don't have time to either read a lot of emails OR maintain a bunch of my own lists.  I don't have much need for a lot of lists. Keeping up with 2 or 3 different lists I send emails to regularly is enough for me. I have a dozen in my aweber account but only regularly send email to 3 lists.
Benjamin Fitts
877-BEN-FITTS
Membership Site Experts
Send Out Cards