January 16, 2018, 03:12:57 PM

Author Topic: Sincerest form of flattery  (Read 1223 times)

Owngineer

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Owngineer blog
    • Email
Sincerest form of flattery
« on: July 23, 2012, 09:42:42 PM »
The sincerest form of flattery is imitation.  What Jack is building here is very similar to something I've wanted to do for a while but not online.  My passion is not in building an internet business, but instead it's to help science/medical/technology people start their own businesses.  I've personally started 3 chemistry related businesses (all legal  ;D) and have helped to launch over twenty others.  In all cases these started off as an idea for a new science, widget, whatever...  Along the way I've learned a boatload about what does and does not make a science business work. 

Goals? I'm going to post to the Owngineer blog (www.owngineer.com) every other day and get a podcast recorded in the next 30 days.  The list of topics to help technology folks in business is practically endless and includes everything from how to do biz dev at a conference to filing patents to negotiating a lease.  Who knows, we might even have a pocket protector design contest  ;D

Now if I could just program a website in FORTRAN 77...
Owngineer - Turn your technology into your business
www.Owngineer.com

r00tbeer

• Mentor
  • root with zeroes
    • View Profile
    • Cashdollar Automation
    • Email
Re: Sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 07:09:34 PM »
Sounds interesting... you should get a mailing list setup so I can subscribe :)

Owngineer

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Owngineer blog
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 09:25:13 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement and I'll get my people right on it seeing how I have absolutely no idea of how to implement a mailing list :-[  Luckily, Mrs Owngineer and I have a pretty good agreement, I write and she edits, posts, and learns how to do the hard stuff!
Owngineer - Turn your technology into your business
www.Owngineer.com

UFAB

• Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Urban Farm and Beehives
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 09:21:16 PM »
Sounds like a great idea.