January 21, 2018, 02:23:41 AM

Author Topic: Please help w/2 website problems  (Read 2407 times)

vet1776

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
Please help w/2 website problems
« on: July 23, 2012, 06:45:23 PM »
Can anyone help me with these errors appearing on the top of my site?
Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /homepages/2/d310382033/htdocs/httpdocs/wordpress-3.1/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/font/Font.php on line 96

Warning: file_get_contents(http://fontsforweb.com/font/generatecss/?id=) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in  homepages/2/d310382033/htdocs/httpdocs/wordpress-3.1/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/font/Font. php on line 96

I must have deleted or deactivated a plugin. I did that as a result of my website messing up. You can see how at http://todolisthome.com  On the site all of my widgets have dropped all the way to the bottom of right column instead on at the top where they used to be.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,

Tony Teolis

vet1776

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
partial solution Re: Please help w/2 website problems
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 07:53:19 PM »
I went to the plugin section and disabled the one called font. That got rid of the error messages. Now if I can just figure out to get the site back with the widgets up top not on the bottom right. I might try a theme change after a backup.

humblemechanic

• Mentor
    • View Profile
    • HumbleMechanic.com
    • Email
Re: Please help w/2 website problems
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 08:17:00 PM »
dang I wish I could help ya out. I am sure one of the web pros will chime in soon... Good luck.
Blogging about car repair and life in a VW dealership

Matt

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Survival Checklist
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 06:56:50 AM »
I've had a look around and apparently it relates to unmatched <div> elements. Do you write the posts in the HTML editor or the visual editor?

If you don't play with the HTML then it could be related to a theme update or a CSS error. It looks like your problems started around Episode 107, so did you make any changes around the 12th July?
My Survival Checklist - Skills, Knowledge and Motivation

Matt

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Survival Checklist
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 11:23:26 AM »
I've just run the URL through the following link and it showing some errors. I'll have a more in depth look later when I get to my laptop.

http://divcounter.jhousemedia.com/#

vet1776

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 07:09:45 PM »
Hi Matt,

I can't recall doing anything different as everything was fine until July 22. When I logged on that night I noticed the sidebar dropped all the way down and the text kept going to the right starting from Episode 112. I figure it must be something related to html in the posts where the text does does not wrap but have been reluctant to want to mess with the editor. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'll send you some honey if you can help me.  Tony T. in northern Virginia.

Heidi

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mentor
    • View Profile
    • WordPress 101 for Boomers
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 08:24:41 AM »
One quick question, one thing I've seen often mess up the css like that. Do you write your posts in something like word and cut and paste into wordpress?

TechPreps

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Tech Preps Podcast
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 08:55:57 AM »
One quick question, one thing I've seen often mess up the css like that. Do you write your posts in something like word and cut and paste into wordpress?

Biggest. Pet. Peeve. Ever!!!  :o

I manage and support a couple of hundred SharePoint sites as part of my 9-5 job and we've had sites broken by users copying and pasting content from Word into SharePoint. Broken to the point where the only way to fix it was to restore from last night's backup.

Not to mention the HORRENDOUS html that you end up with by doing this.

Matt

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Survival Checklist
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 10:04:39 AM »
Looking at the source there is an extra </div> in http://todolisthome.com/?p=3898 when it says "Keep Ants Out Of The Beehive", just before it says "If you have viewed the last couple of episodes".

This would match up with the blog going wrong on the 22nd July.

If you edit the post, and click on the "HTML" tab next to the "Visual" tab and scroll down until you see

Code: [Select]
<p><strong>Keep Ants Out Of The Beehive</strong></div>
If you delete the </div> from the end, save the post and let us know if this changes anything.

Good luck,

Matt

P.S. Thanks for the offer of your honey, but I live in the UK and it'll cost a fortune to post, but the offer was really nice anyway - Thank you.

vet1776

• Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
Resolved. Re: Please help w/2 website problems
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 04:54:09 PM »
Matt,

Thank you!!! I knew it was the html code and was searching for the error. You saved me tons of time and I really don't mind the shipping of some honey. I've sent some to Japan so if want any of the tasty stuff just shoot me an address to TonyTeolis@todolisthome.com

Tony T.